The Perka™ solution connects you directly to your customers over their mobile phones, allowing you to run the same kinds of sophisticated loyalty marketing programs as nationwide chains—at a fraction of the cost. You can turn occasional visitors into loyal regulars with offers and rewards they’ll love, because when you keep customers happy, they’ll keep coming back.
Embrace every customer.
The Perka solution works on almost any mobile phone, tapping your customers into amazing rewards.
Expand your following.
Social media features can help you reach new customers and encourage repeat visits.
Treat your best customers.
The Perka platform helps you find your most valuable customers so you can offer them exclusive perks, special offers and extra-personalized service
• Apple recently announced Apple Pay™, a new way for consumers to safely and securely tap and pay using the new iPhone® 6 and iPhone® 6 Plus.
• With more than 60 million iPhone 6’s expected to be sold in 2014 (Source: Forbes, July 2014), consumers will be looking for, and asking for, mobile payment acceptance.
• There has never been a better time to review your point-of-sale system. With more consumers asking about mobile payments, including Apple Pay, as well as the shift of liability around the corner for chip card transactions (October 2015), now is the time to explore your point-of-sale options.
• We offer multiple solutions to provide your customers with an easy, safe and secure way to tap and pay.
For Clover Clients:
• Since you already have Clover™ Station, all you need to accept Apple Pay and other mobile payments is an FD40 PIN Pad. It easily connects to your Clover Station.
• The same PIN Pad can be used to accept chip cards which will be in use soon and which you are required to accept by October 2015.
• And as a special thank you for being a Clover customer, we are also offering one month free of Gyft Cloud, a new mobile gifting solution available on the Clover App Market – just in time for the holidays, the most popular time of the year for gift card sales.
o Manage an entire mobile gift card program directly from your Clover Station
o Set up and training will only take a few minutes
o Boost sales, build loyalty and engage customers with confidence.
o Be on the cutting edge of reaching your mobile savvy customers
o Reduce fraud associated with paper certificates and punch card
o Your customers can redeem gift cards right from their mobile phones.
o Track balances and issue store credits easily with no bookkeeping headaches
For Terminal Merchants/Clover Eligible:
• Get Clover Station with the FD40 PIN Pad to keep up as payment technologies advance. You’ll also enjoy a simplified and convenient way to run your business including:
- Inventory tracking
- Employee management
- Customer insights
- Loyalty and marketing programs
- Payment acceptance, including Apple Pay and chip cards
• The same business management system can be used to accept chip cards which will be in use soon and which you are required to accept by October 2015.
• And as a special thank you for buying or leasing a Clover Station, we are also offering one month free of Gyft Cloud, a new mobile gifting solution available on the Clover App Market – just in time for the holidays, the most popular time of the year for gift card sales.
- Manage an entire mobile gift card program directly from your Clover Station
- Set up and training will only take a few minutes
- Boost sales, build loyalty and engage customers with confidence.
- Be on the cutting edge of reaching your mobile savvy customers
- Reduce fraud associated with paper certificates and punch card
- Your customers can redeem gift cards right from their mobile phones.
- Track balances and issue store credits easily with no bookkeeping headaches
• NOTE: If the merchant is not interested in upgrading to Clover, please let them know that there are other POS options to get them ready for Apple Pay and chip cards (see Terminal Merchant section)
For Terminal Merchants, Not Clover Eligible:
• You can easily add an FD35 PIN Pad to your existing <FD100/200/300> terminal. That’s all you need to get ready for Apple Pay. And the same PIN Pad will work for chip cards, too.
• NOTE: Other terminal solutions that will currently work with Apple Pay and chip cards are the FD130 and the FD130 Duo with the FD 35. However, those terminals are not eligible for the promotional discount.
©2014 First Data Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks, service marks and trade names references in this material are the property of their respective owners. EMV™ is owned by EMVCo LLC. Apple and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc.
Additional Key Points about Apple Pay:
• With the new release of iPhone® 6 and iPhone® 6 Plus, Apple is poised to accelerate the growth of mobile commerce and catalyze the “card-less” environment in an unparalleled manner. It provides a digital “wallet” in the device, in which consumers can store payment options that can be used to ‘tap and pay’ for goods and services.
• This contactless use of a mobile device to perform payment transactions is facilitated via Near Field Communication (NFC) communications technology.
• NFC-based transactions are treated just like the other in-store transactions (assessed at Card Present rates)
• While contactless payments have been around for a while, the ability to use one’s phone to ‘tap and pay’
What is the situation
Most small and mid‐sized businesses (SMBs) use standalone point‐of‐sale and
As a result, SMBs waste precious time manually entering sales information into their
Time Saving, Worry‐Free Operation
• Sales information is automatically transferred. Merchants no longer need to
manually enter sales information into their accounting solution or continue
relying on pen and paper for accounting
• Built-in data validation ensures data is transferred reliably and accurately
• Signing up takes only a few minutes
• Commerce Sync automatically configures the service to your merchant’s
accounting solution for initial use, so your merchant doesn’t need to be an
accounting expert to get started quickly
Either daily sales summary or breakdown by individual sale
• Taxable and Non‐Taxable Sales
• Tax Collected
Track non‐inventory income and expense items in the accounting solution
• Shipping and Handling Fees
Account for items sold by:
• Store Location
• Department (automotive vs. hardware)
• Revenue Center (e.g. gift shop vs. dining room)
• Subtotals by Tender Type
• Product Category (e.g. food vs. beverage)
• Tax Rate